9/07/2010

Old Favorites: Charmed & Loki

While they weren't the first ears I ever made, these are the first two made with the constant set of skintones that I use made with colors similar to those used by LAQ so they match my preferred line of skins rather well.

Charmed is probably my personal favorite so far. I love the little globe hanging from the tips of the ears and the scroll work lends that extra magical touch.

There are 9 metal choices and 7 gemstones to choose from to give you a little flexibility and allowing you to match your ears to your outfit without having to buy a bunch of different ones.

The skintones are two tones using with realistic shadow textures built into them. The skintones are as shown and I will custom match to a skin but at the point I do not use a color hud for a couple reasons - first I have no idea how to script on my own (if you want to teach me or talk to me about writing a couple scripts to specification let me know and I'll be happy to get with you, but for now, I don't write my own.) Second - the shadow textures are not in black, it looks allot more realistic using the natural tones from the skin so the skintones I use are individual textures, not just colors that you're cycling thru.



 Loki was made about the same time, and has been updated once or twice along the way.

The ears have a spiked metal ridge on the top capped with a line of semi-precious stones then a cluster of diamonds where the top of the ear attaches.

The right and left have different piercings, both sides have a soft feminine dangly hooped earring with a diamond at the lobe. One ear has another cluster of hanging drops farther out the ear and is finished by a ring with tiny inset diamonds.

The other ear is a bit simpler with 4 classic metallic studs trailing up the ear to a different ring around the tip.

There are allot of choices to this one giving the user a really dynamic set of ears with an almost endless variety of different looks that you can get out of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment